Peer Certification Prerequisite Online Coursework
The Peer Certification Prerequisite Online Coursework is the first step in obtaining your Peer Recovery Specialist Certification. By completing this registration form, you are submitting an application to participate in the Peer Certification Training Process. Once you have been accepted into the program, you will receive instructions on how to access and complete the Peer Certification Prerequisite Online Coursework. Once you have successfully completed the Peer Certification Prerequisite Online Coursework, you will receive a pass code that will allow you to register for Peer Certification Training.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Applicant must have direct person experience living with mental illness and/or addiction in recovery. (For our purposes, supporting or living with someone with mental illness or substance use disorder does not qualify)
- Applicant must be willing to self-disclose lived experience for the purpose of education, role modeling, and providing hope to others about the reality of recovery.
- Applicant must have at least 3 months experience working or volunteering under supervision in a peer role.
- Applicant must complete the six course online curriculum prior to attending classroom training. Completion of the online component is required to successfully complete the course.
- Natalie Klaus-Rogers